- Have you ever competed in a “Scripture Chase”? And won? Or Lost?
- Have you ever been assigned to teach a lesson or give a talk on a given subject and wanted to quote some relevant scriptures?
- Have you ever been curious, or even desperate, to find an answer in the scriptures? To study a principle in-depth?
- Have you ever wondered what a particular word in the scriptures meant, or how the verse read in other translations?
- Have you ever used the church’s Scripture Library, tried to find a link to other scriptural passages, but gave up in frustration because all you could find were links to Conference talks?
If you said “yes” to any of the above questions, “The Scripture Chaser ” may be your answer. If you said “no” to all of the above questions, “The Scripture Chaser” may still have the answer to a question you haven’t yet asked.
Do you believe in personal revelation, but aren’t very good at it, but you do believe that the Lord could prompt you with a one-word answer? Then, pray for that word, and search for that word here. Let us do the “chasing”, while you read, think, and pray. Spend some time with the Lord and His words. Have an interactive experience linking one word to another. The Gospel writer, John wrote that “In the beginning was the Word.” Maybe that one word is all you need.
The purpose of this program is to search a set of documents and serve as a concordance, search tool, and document reader. While this program has the ability to search and display any documents which can be prepared and added to a database, “The Scripture Chaser” includes the LDS Standard Works and the Lectures on Faith.
The best way to experience this software is to start using it. It’s like searching the Internet, only you’re not online. Everything is local. No spying. No collecting your personal data. Nothing to get in the way between you and the words of the Lord. Nobody needed to show you how to use Google, and you can’t break the Internet just by searching. The worst that can happen is you don’t find what you are looking for, so you try searching again. This software is designed to draw you into an interactive experience, so just read a couple of introductory paragraphs and then start searching.
I found a better website to host the helpfile and the setup. Let me know if you have any problems.
If you want to get a preview, here is a link to the Helpfile.
Here is a link to the software.
Links to You Tube Instructional Videos
The Scripture Chaser Playlist on You Tube
I have been testing this software for a month. If you run into any problems, please respond with a comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Sorry, but this program only runs on Windows, not on Apple, the Internet, or your phone. The software is free. I tried to make it as simple as possible. The setup is not fancy, but it will install and uninstall OK.
Here are the various pieces of the software:
- Software – 20 MB – Family members can each have their own copy or share the same copy.
- Database (
Concordance.db) – 65 MB – The database is the same for everybody, but it does keep a record of your individual searches, so you may want a separate copy of the database for each person. To do this, make a separate copy of the database and create a different profile that points to the new database. I do not recommend editing the database manually, unless you know what you are doing, because you could cause the program to stop working. If this happens, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the program. If you do this, the only thing you lose will be your history and any comments you have made.
- Results – A folder that contains a collection of web pages, where you save all the results from your searches.
- Profile – Each person has their own profile, stored on an
.inifile. This file controls where each person’s database and results may be found.